While 2K Games announced the Collector’s Edition for Mafia III back in April, it has taken the publisher until now to finally detail its contents.
Costing a hefty $150, the Collector’s Edition is strangely missing any statue or otherwise sizable physical memorabilia. Instead, the package will come bundled with sleek dog tags for the game’s protagonist, leather drink coasters, a 56-page art book featuring illustrations and concept work, and the official soundtrack vinyl.
In addition to that, the game’s Collector’s Edition will also come with Mafia III’s Season Pass, granting you access to an unknown number of expansion packs and possible add-ons slated for release post-launch.
Here are the contents of Mafia III Collector’s Edition in more detail:
- Mafia III: Official Soundtrack of New Bordeaux – 180 gram vinyl pressing featuring some of the ’60s greatest hit makers, including Otis Redding & Carla Thomas, Sam Cooke, The Animals, and more. The vinyl is a sampling of the larger in-game soundtrack, that includes an eclectic mix of Rock, Rhythm and Blues, and Pop, all colliding against a backdrop of war, civil unrest, and sweeping social changes that defined the 1960s.
- Mafia III: Original Game Score – 180 gram vinyl pressing of the original game score for Mafia III. Composed by Jesse Harlin and Jim Bonney, two of the industry’s great composers, the
- Mafia III original game score is a Rhythm and Blues inspired tour through a city ruled by organized crime and corrupt officials, and the setting for Lincoln Clay’s emotional story of loss and revenge.
- Exclusive Collectible Art Prints – Two lithographs from Playboy and the Alberto Vargas Estate representing a vast collection of art for players to discover in-game.
- The Art of Mafia III Collectable Art Book – A 56-page visual look at the creation of New Bordeaux, a new game world fashioned after New Orleans in the summer of 1968.
Lincoln Clay Replica Dog Tags – 1960s US military issue replicas. These are the tags of a combat-hardened Vietnam vet fueled by the need for military-grade revenge against the Italian Mafia.
- Faux Leather Establishment Drink Coasters – Representing the Paradiso Casino and Sammy’s in-game criminal establishments, these aren’t just souvenirs, but symbols of Lincoln Clay’s motivations for revenge.
- Season Pass – Future post-release downloadable content bundled at a discount.
2K Games has confirmed that it will be re-releasing Mafia II sometime today through Steam. The launch of the 2010 action-adventure game is going to be accompanied by a hefty 80 percent discount on all its downloadable content packs. This offer for Mafia II is going to run through June 8.
Mafia III is slated for a release on October 7 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.