Following a stretch of silence over the past few months, Guerrilla Games has today released a new trailer for Horizon: Zero Dawn; also coming forth with information pertaining to the game’s new release date and Collector’s Edition.
Managing Director Hermen Hulstn has confirmed that the studio’s upcoming action role-playing game is now looking at a a release date of February 28, 2017 in North America, March 1 in Europe, and March 3 in the United Kingdom. The highly anticipated PlayStation exclusive was expected to release sometime later this year but was recently revealed to be pushed back. According to the developer, the decision was not an easy one to make but ultimately necessary to ensure that the final product lives up to the visuals and gameplay quality fans are expecting from Guerrilla Games.
A Collector’s Edition has also been revealed for Horizon: Zero Dawn. According to an Amazon listing, owners will be set back by $120 and in return will receive a number of physical and digital goodies.
As it is customary with Collector’s Editions, this one will come with a nine-inch statue of the game’s protagonist made by Gentle Giant. Accompanying that will be a 48-page art book and a magnificent steelbook case for the game.
In addition to all of that, owners of the game’s Collector’s Edition will get a dynamic PlayStation 4 theme and DLC that will net them early access to numerous weapons, outfits and resource packs. More information on that digital content is given below:
- Carja Storm Ranger Armor: Fashioned by the proud, ceremonial Carja tribe, this special armor has been crafted with an eye for showy appearance.
- Carja Striker Bow: The Carja defend their great Sundom with stone fortifications and military might. This finely-made bow, fit for a captain’s hand, puts additional stopping power behind every arrow fired.
- Carja Trader Pack: Rare and precious Machine parts are always in demand on the metal markets of the Carja Sundom.
- Banuk Trailblazer Armor: A sturdy outfit made by the nomadic Banuk tribe, hunters, and shamans from the harsh northern territories.
- Banuk Culling Bow: The Banuk claim a spiritual understanding of the Machines, and put their harvests of Machine parts to many uses.
- Banuk Traveler Pack: Though rarely encountered, Banuk explorers have left their intricate tribal marks across the breadth of the known world.
- Nora Keeper Pack: The Nora are extraordinarily skilled and inventive at using machine components in their own devices.
- Nora Machine Trapper Pack: Even the most experienced Nora hunter never goes into the wild unprepared.
Horizon: Zero Dawn is expected to be make an appearance during Sony’s press conference at E3 2016, next week. We’ll probably get to see a new gameplay trailer, highlighting more features from the interesting post-apocalyptic mech-world.