AMD has released new Crimson drivers, version 16.9.1, to ensure that you get the most out of your Forza Horizon 3 experience.
The latest update fully focuses on Microsoft Studios and Playground Games’ new racing installment. However, the accompanying patch notes do not go into detail as to what kind of improvements the new Crimson drivers are bringing for Forza Horizon 3. The red team, though, promises a fulfilling experience, free from any compatibility of software blunders.
Beyond Forza Horizon 3, the 16.9.1 update introduces DirectX 11 Crossfire profiles for Dreadnought and amends a bunch of lingering issues for Radeon graphics card owners.
- Intermittent mouse cursor corruption may be experienced on some Radeon RX 400 Series graphics products.
- Flickering display may be experienced on portrait Eyefinity display configurations when launching or exiting DirectX 12 applications.
- Ashes of the Singularity may experience an application crash when Multi-GPU is enabled in DirectX 12.
- Upgrading from a previous Radeon Software Crimson Edition version may cause user settings in Radeon Settings to reset to defaults.
- Intermittent crash may be experienced in Mozilla Firefox while doing video playback on some Radeon RX 400 Series graphics products.
- Radeon Settings may sometimes experience an “application has stopped” error after modifying game profiles on Windows 10 Anniversary Addition.
- A small amount of corruption may be experienced in the lower right hand corner of the display on some Radeon HD 7000 series products when playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
- Small amounts of stutter may be experienced when playing or watching cinematic videos in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided when using AMD CrossFire mode and DirectX 11.
- HDMI Audio may be lost after resuming from standby on Windows 10 Anniversary Edition.
- Flickering may be experienced in Rocket League on Radeon RX 400 Series graphics products when running in AMD CrossFire mode
There are still half-a-dozen or so issues that Radeon owners have reported to AMD. The manufacturer is going to be looking into them for the next driver update.
Forza Horizon 3 is scheduled to release on September 27 for Xbox One and PC. This is the first time that a Forza title has arrived on PC, and does so through Microsoft’s new PC initiative.
The DirectX 12 game is exclusive to Windows 10 and requires the latest Anniversary Update to run.