AMD has released a new Radeon Software Crimson Edition driver to prepare users for the release of Gears of War 4 and Mafia III.
Update 16.10.1 promises optimized support for both games. That being said, the released patch notes mention no changes and/or tweaks that the new drivers bring. We just know that there is support for both Gears of War 4 and Mafia III. Users who plan to play either or both of them are strongly advised to update their drivers as soon as possible.
In addition to that, the new drivers also add a DirectX 11 Crossfire profile for Shadow Warrior 2. The recently released Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, recently gone free The Crew, and Blizzard’s new Overwatch craze; all receive several fixes.
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided may experience minor stutter during gameplay when using AMD CrossFire mode or may crash when launching the in game benchmark.
- The Crew may experience a random or sudden FPS drop while playing.
- Battlefield 1 may experience flickering on some surfaces when using AMD CrossFire mode.
- Radeon WattMan may fail to keep Power Limit settings after hitting apply in some cases.
- Overwatch may experience flickering character models while in the hero selection menu or during gameplay in AMD Crossfire mode.
- Paragon may experience flickering while using AMD FreeSync technology and AMD CrossFire mode in conjunction.
- Pixel Format option is no longer missing for some Radeon RX 400 series products in Radeon Settings.
You can download Radeon Software Crimson Edition edition 16.10.1 by going here.