A massive patch has hit Battlefield 1 that finally addresses crashing and freezing issues across all three platforms. Early adopters are bound to be smiling as they update their clients. There’s nothing more frustrating than a game dying on you as you’re on a killing spree.
The released patch notes reveal that Patch 1.02 brings no new features or improvements. Rather, the update comes packed with fixes to numerous reported single-player and multiplayer issues.
Those using an Xbox One controller on PC are now able to experience correct functionality for the A and X buttons. Additionally, the option to display controller button prompts is no longer missing.
Two instances of absent objectives in the first War Story have been fixed. Loading screens showcasing incorrect information have been corrected. Missing Dog Tag counters have been found.
Under the category of graphical fixes, Patch 1.02 makes Temporal anti-aliasing as the default anti-aliasing mode on medium graphics quality. More importantly, a bug showcasing incorrect Class Rank has been squashed. Hence, it’s possible that upon entering the game you find a lower rank. If that’s the case, know that you haven’t lost your rank. The new updated rank is what you should have been seeing prior to the update.
You can go through the full patch notes below:
- Fix for one common and one uncommon client crash.
- Fixed a potential soft freeze in single player campaign connected to AI.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced getting stuck in the globe screen when cancelling matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue when trying to join multiple servers.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced weapon skins not being removed when scrapping items.
- Fixed an issue where players were missing “The Insider” Dog Tag.
- Tweaked calculations of values in End of Round.
- Fixed issue where Class Rank was incorrect.
- Note: This fix may result in players going down in Class Rank to the correct rank. In this scenario, any unlocks purchased at a higher and incorrect rank will not be lost.
- PC: Fixed an occasional crash when a user shutdown the game.
- PC: Fixed an issue where players experienced troubles with A and X button functionality on PC while using an Xbox One controller.
- PC: Fixed an issue where players experienced crashing while closing the client during streaming installation.
- Xbox One: Fix for the “Trench Raider” Dog Tag not unlocking on Xbox One.
- Fixed two issues in the “Through Mud and Blood” War Story where no new objectives would appear.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced wrong info in loading screen.
- Fixed an issue where players were missing the Dog Tag counter.
- Fixed an issue where English text would appear for players in non-English regions.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced a placeholder image when opening the Operations menu for the first time.
- PC: Fixed an issue where players were missing an option to display controller button prompts.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced End of Round screen not loading.
- Fixed a crash related to soldier animation.
- Fixed a graphical glitch when exiting a War Story and going to the main menu.
- Fixed an issue where players experienced player icon overlapping while matchmaking on console.
- PC: Temporal anti-aliasing is now the default anti-aliasing mode on medium graphics quality.
- PC: Fix for a graphical issue causing artifacts in shadows.