A new update is now live for Pokémon Go, bringing two new exciting features that Niantic Labs discussed last week.
Prepare to sink your teeth into a new Catch Bonus system through which Trainers can earn a mighty bonus for capturing a specific Pokémon type. In addition to that, the new Pokémon Go update also brings slight tweaks to Gym Training. The amount of Pokémon that a Trainer can bring to battle at friendly Gyms is now increased to six.
Moving on, the latest update (0.41.2 on Android, and 1.11.2 on iOS) adds egg and incubator screens. These track progress and “periodically” inform players of the distance that can be walked without the need to close and then open the screen again. A few audio issues, as reported by players, have also been fixed.
Furthermore, evolution animation time has been decreased. This is a much welcomed change for anyone who doesn’t want to waste time watching at the same animations over and over again. You can read the patch notes below.
- Catch Bonus: Trainers can earn a catch bonus for a Pokemon type as they catch more of a specific type.
- Updated Gym Training: Trainers can now bring six Pokemon to battle at friendly Gyms. The CP of the Pokemon you are battling may be temporarily adjusted lower for your training session.
- Egg & Incubator Screens: These will periodically update the distance walked without the Trainer needing to close and reopen the screen.
- Fixed several audio issues.
- Decreased the evolution animation time.
- Minor fixes
With the new update out, players have already begun asking about what new features Niantic Labs could be cooking up for the next update. Well, the developer has teased a multiplayer battle mode. This nifty aspect was supposed to be there at the game’s launch. However, it was thought that players would perhaps be left dazed with having to go through so many features at once.