Final Fantasy XV has gone gold and is scheduled to release later this month, but that doesn’t mean Square Enix is sitting idly. The developer is utilizing the extra time to work on the game’s day-one Crown Update which will automatically begin downloading once you pop the disc in upon release.
According to director Hajime Tabata, the update is another way of ensuring the best possible Final Fantasy XV experience for players. This includes various adjustments and fixes that will be released through multiple updates over the course of time.
Crown Update is just the first one to arrive and promises “new features to greatly enhance the overall story and gameplay experience”. Here is a list of features the day-one update arrives with:
- New event scenes and scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy 15 and the Omen trailer have also been added to the game to make the story and timeline of events within the Final Fantasy 15 universe even easier to follow for newcomers
- For those who enjoy collecting items, the upgrade will also add a wider variety or recipes and fish with the addition of a gallery to keep track of culinary discoveries
- Implementation of social media support, allowing the photos Prompto takes along your journey to be uploaded to Facebook and Twitter.
- Improvements to the camera with new options to better assist and track the action in tight spaces and to improve visibility during battles
- The addition of an ability tree for the Wait Mode function improves the strategic element of this feature
- Players can obtain the “Beast Whistle” which can be used to call monsters to battle
Square Enix has made no mention of how large the update will be. Considering that the developer is adding additional Kingsglaive cut-scenes, it could weigh in on your internet bandwidth.
Earlier today, reports surfaced that Final Fantasy XV broke its release date over the weekend in South America. A number of leaked copies have been sighted and to make matters worse, a majority of the campaign was also streamed online. As such, the internet is a dangerous place to be right now for fans. Final Fantasy XV spoilers are surfacing at every nook and cranny. You have been warned.