Valve has revealed the winners of its first-ever Steam Awards. The entire event wasn’t like any another normal awards show and featured unique categorizes like “Boom Boom” which went over to DOOM. In a way, the categories pretty much define the winners in the end.
The Steam community voted on each bunch of nominations throughout the annual Winter Sale. Doing so netted everyone a Steam Awards Trading Card (hopefully you were able to craft your badge). With the sale ended, so is the voting process.
Here are the winners for Steam Awards 2016:
- Villain Most In Need Of A Hug: Portal 2
- I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award: Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Test Of Time: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Just Five More Minutes: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!: Grand Theft Auto V
- Game Within A Game: Grand Theft Auto V
- I’m Not Crying, There’s Something In My Eye: Telltale’s The Walking Dead
- Best Use Of A Farm Animal: Goat Simulator
- Boom Boom: Doom
- Love/Hate Relationship: Dark Souls III
- Sit Back And Relax: Euro Truck Simulator 2
- Better With Friends: Left 4 Dead 2
It’s unfortunate that The Witcher III: Wild Hunt couldn’t make it in any category. I was personally rooting for it to receive the “Game Within A Game” award.
Do you agree with the list? Let us know below.