Asus has shown its first custom design ROG STRIX Radeon RX Vega 56 and RX Vega 64. Both of the graphics cards are identical in form factor or in terms of design. The exact hardware specifications were not revealed yet, however we do know the memory clock of Radeon RX Vega 56 and RX Vega 64 ROG STRIX variant.
Hardware wise, since both cards look same in terms of design, they share common features. Both of graphics cards have triple-fan and 2.5 slot design, as seen in images below. Both of graphics cards pack two 8-pin power connectors, as found in reference design. A slight new addition of extra DVI-port is available in ROG STRIX edition of Radeon RX Vega 56 and 64.
ASUS ROG STRIX RX Vega 56 OC edition features 3584 cores while ROG STRIX RX Vega 64 has significantly more number of cores, 4096 cores to be exact. Both of the graphics cards have similar memory bandwidth of 8GB HBM2 2048b.
The base and boost clocks of ROG STRIX Radeon RX Vega 56 and RX Vega 64 was not disclosed at this point. We expect ASUS to showcase a more detailed spec sheet anytime soon due to the fact that both of the graphics cards are slated to launch in September, 2017.
ROG STRIX RX Vega 56 OC edition features following features:
- MaxContact Technology that is 2X more contact with GPU for improved thermal transfer.
- Patented Wing-Blade IP5X-Certified Fans for maximum airflow and longer fan lifespan.
- Aura Sync RGB for best VR & 4K gaming
- ASUS FanConnect II equips with hybrid controlled fan headers for optimal system cooling.
- Industry Only Auto-Extreme Technology with Super Alloy Power II delivers premium quality and best reliability.
- ASUS Aura Sync RGB LED synchronization enables a gaming system personalization.
- VR-friendly HDMI ports let you enjoy VR experiences anytime without having to swap cables.
- GPU Tweak II with XSplit Gamecaster provides intuitive performance tweaking and real-time streaming.