The small development team left behind to take care of Mass Effect: Andromeda has released another minor update that focuses on the multiplayer mode. The changes are not significant in any manner and mostly squash a few bugs that players have reported in the past.
First up is Naladen explosion, which now deals damage when Cryo or Incendiary ammo is used. Veteran ranks have been changed to drop after all characters of that rarity have been level past 10. An issue where the screen would blink when using certain weapons has been addressed. The Dhan shotgun should now properly prime enemies.
The full patch notes can be read below.
- Veteran ranks of characters will only drop after all characters of that rarity have been unlocked to rank 10.
- Naladen explosion now deals damage when Cryo or Incendiary Ammo are equipped.
- Fixed issue where Dwindling Supplies and Empty Resupply mission modifiers would not function correctly if a player left the game.
- Dhan shotgun now properly primes enemies.
- Fixed issue where Bulwark, Siphon, and Concussive variants of pistols and sniper rifles would prime enemies too slowly when using special ammo.
- Fixed issue where using Supply Pack Transmitter would reduce spare ammo if Empty Resupply mission modifier was active.
- Using First Aid with Supply Pack Transmitter no longer heals enemies.
- Fixed issue that caused screen to blink red/yellow when using Siphon and Bulwark weapons.
- Rank XIV Common Characters are no longer displayed as Rank XV
Mass Effect: Andromeda released in March to a lukewarm reception. The situation did not improve with time as players and critics buried BioWare for mishandling a beloved franchise. Electronic Arts did mention that the Mass Effect brand still has a bright future ahead of it but based on rumors, the sad reception of Andromeda has forced the publisher to put it on a hiatus. The developers have also been shifted to other projects, leaving behind a small batch to release quality-of-life updates.