Ubisoft has an extensive plan to support Assassin’s Creed: Origins following its release later this month. The new installment will feature both a hefty season pass and smaller add-on content packs, most of which will be free of charge.
The season pass will cover two major expansion packs. “The Hidden Ones” is scheduled to launch in January and set many years after the events of the base game in a new region where players will clash with the Romans. “The Curse of the Pharaohs” will then arrive in March and introduce a new “mystical realm” where players will encounter “beasts such as Anubis warriors, scorpios, and more” as they investigate the curse that has resurrected the dead Pharaohs of the land.
In addition, the season pass will boast other digital goodies for use in the game. This includes an exclusive weapon, free in-game credits, new outfits, and more.
Assassin’s Creed: Origins Season Pass
- DLC 1 – The Hidden Ones: This story-driven expansion builds upon the growth of the Brotherhood, taking players years after the events of Assassin’s Creed Origins as they clash with an occupying Roman force in a new region. This expansion will extend the level cap, allowing players to keep on making their character progress. Available in January 2018.
- DLC 2 – The Curse of the Pharaohs: In this story-driven expansion focusing on Egyptian mythology, players will fight against undead pharaohs and explore a new, mystical realm. During their journey, players will encounter famed Egyptian beasts such as Anubis warriors, scorpios and more, as they investigate the cause of the curse that has brought the dead pharaohs back to life. The Curse of the Pharaohs will increase the level cap further and introduce brand new Abilities. Available in March 2018.
- The Roman Centurion and Horus Packs: Two exclusive add-on packs including a new outfit, weapons, shield and mount. Available in November 2017.
- A package of 500 Helix Credits: Available at the launch of the game.
- An exclusive rare weapon: the Calamity Blade. Available at the launch of the game.
As for the free downloadable content packs, they include a new game mode where players will be pitted against hordes of enemies. It is an arena with never-ending waves for players to mark their highest scores. There is also a Photo Mode and Educational Mode in the mix.
Assassin’s Creed: Origins Free DLC
- The Trials of the Gods: Epic boss battles against Egyptian gods that take place during special timed events, victorious players will receive prestigious rewards. The first Trial of the Gods event will be available 15 days after the launch of the game.
- The Nomad’s Bazaar: A wandering merchant gives players daily quests to complete in order to earn mysterious exotic rewards. Available at the launch of the game.
- Photo Mode: Players will be able to capture and share the beauty of the Egyptian landscape and indulge their inner wildlife photographer while discovering in-game pictures taken by other players. Available at the launch of the game.
- Horde Mode: Players will fight endless waves of enemies in the Gladiator Arena. They will be able to compare their scores with their friends and challenge them asynchronously. Available in early 2018.
- Discovery Tour: This new educational mode turns the world of Assassin’s Creed Origins into a combat-free living museum and will give everyone the opportunity to learn more about Ancient Egypt through guided tours curated by historians and Egyptologists. Available early 2018.
Assassin’s Creed: Origins will release on October 27 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.